Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Christmas Card :)

Hello everybody---today is Nov 11, 2010 and I'm happy that I'm seeing more followers signing up.  It's both exciting and nerve wracking...will they like my card?  Will they hate it?  Will they think it's blah?  Wow---this is sooo stressfull, I think I need to relax and just realize that I make cards because I love it.  And I'm sure while I won't please everybody, since we all have different tastes, as a fellow crafter, you will appreciate my efforts (RIGHT???)! 

So---I just took pictures of my next card and it is sooo disappointing that my pictures do not do justice to this card (with utmost humility, I say this).  So I have decided that come black Friday, my husband better get me a higher resolution camera/ video.

For you who I promised I would do a video of the Tri Fold Shutter card, sorry---.  I promise that once I get a better camera/video, I will post instructional videos.

In the mean time, allow me to post yet another Christmas card I made.  Yes folks, I'm sure a lot of you have been on Christmas mode trying to get cards done before the rush---and I certainly am one of you.

This card is called a Side Step card---for obvious reasons...there are steps and it's on the side (hehehe).  For the recipe, I used cardstock from Martha Stewart (Pastels for the light blue base); DCWV Doodlin' Around for the snowflake patterned cardstock (layer); DCVW Glitter stack for the horse, and Metallic stack for the sleigh; Cricut cartridges: Joys of the Season (sentiment), Winter Woodland for the horse and the tree, Christmas for the house and Christmas Cheer for the sleigh---***can you tell how much I love Christmas with all the Christmas carts I have!***; Recollections stamp for *tis the season sentiment, which I embossed with A la Mode's Gold embossing powder, which I then cut along the stamped image and affixed it upon two brown posts that I cut from DCWV Natural cardstock.  I also used Pearl Ex [Insert: Pearl Ex is my favorite method of coloring.  It has a shimmering effect that is just so pretty] to color the house--- used micro pearl from series 1 and mink from series 3, Gold Pearl-Ex for the horse's saddle; diamond stickles for the snow caps on the tree and copper Pearl Ex for the trunk.  Can you tell how much fun I had making this card using many different kinds of techniques!  It's fun, I tell ya...it's fun!  I promise I will make a video of the how-to, with dimensions, hopefully after Thanksgiving!

In the mean time, here are pictures of the this card.  Click on the picture to see a larger view.  Enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Any directions on how to make sidestep cards? Looks like fun. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beatiful card, I have never seen one like it and would love to learn the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love all the detail you did, it is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job! Wished I had the patience to do something like that. Always have to do quick and easy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that card! You are so talented, Bubbles ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete